Thursday, September 5, 2013

18 Months

I have erased this post several times already, even though -not to brag- it included some pretty awesome writing. There just isn't a word or phrase that catches it just right. It's all wrong. If you want to know it, you kind of have to live it. The fact is that all the ways we've grown are ways I could have experienced with all of the people in my life. I have tons of opportunities to be more patient, have less misplaced compassion, more ordered compassion and increase my tenderness and discipline. But the truth is that Mae having Down syndrome makes me look at that truth and respond to it every day throughout the day. Because of this child I can become what God has been asking me to be all this time.
It started here:
 About 6 months ago, this happened:

And then it all hit the fan:






Here's to many more days of turning the world as we know it on its head. I love you Mariana, and so should everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment