Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nothing of Note to Write, Unless You Count Politics

The biggest problem with a blog about caring for a baby who has Down Syndrome is that, well, she is still pretty much a baby. There is no new drama to report, and I'm busy as can be with everyone but Mariana. She did have a 2 month check up, which was a non event. So far Mariana eats well, sleeps through the night, cries when something is actually wrong and is generally treated as a baby doll by her siblings. She's an easy going girl, what's to talk about?

On the other hand, the end of the school year is kicking my ample and injured behind. (My stupid hip flexor is a jerk.) May is a busy month. First communion, Mother's Day tea, Molly's birthday, a bazillion check-up appointments. The weather is gorgeous, but I spend the month in the car. Not that I am complaining. (Okay, I'm complaining.) Life could be far more complicated, and I've been blessed to be made aware of that fact.

Let's talk about politics. How awful is this garbage? I know that it's always been this dirty, you can look up political cartoons from way back to the first elections and confirm, but at least you didn't have it in your face 24/7. I can't get away from it! I'm no fan of our president, but I don't need to be reminded 10 times a day. It doesn't help that I'm not excited to vote for the other guy either. I guess the happy news is that I have my faith, which is way better than depending on your party for fulfillment. Yay God!

Okay, this post is a dud, and I have half a mind to trash it, except I haven't written in a while, so I won't. Here's hoping I don't drown in schoolwork in the remaining days of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment